Learning to navigate through the next phase of practice ownership can be challenging and this course is intended to answer your questions and connect you with a team of experts to assist with your planning process to avoid any obstacles. You will leave this course with a new network of both peers and professionals in the industry who can support you in your next phase of practice ownership, whether that be purchasing a new practice, an acquisition or other exciting opportunity.
Speakers and Presentations
Global Training Manager —
Mariah joined the
Topic: Head, Heart & Guts Leadership
Director of Business Development — Fortune Management
Jonathan Miller has dedicated the past 10 years working with dentists exclusively. In helping them realize their vision of practice ownership. During that time, he has helped open over 200 new dental offices from scratch working with nearly a thousand doctors. As an Executive Coach for Fortune Management, Jonathan shows doctors the path towards practice ownership, building ownership and navigating the dental landscape.
Topic: Practice Management
- Find and build a trusted advisor team for immediate growth
- Cultivate new patients into raving fans of the practice
- Hire the right practice team to insure consistency from day one
President/CEO — EOS Healthcare Marketing
At EOS Dental Marketing, we’ve pioneered the “Science of Dental Marketing Success”. Providing research, analysis, risk assessment, planning, execution and evaluation of your marketing activities, on a nationwide scale. We minimize risk and maximize return on your marketing investment.
Topic: Marketing and Viability Study
- Value of market intelligence and its impact on the customer experience
- The role of big data in determining location of a practice
- Anticipating when, how and where to engage with potential clients
Chief Brokerage Officer — Carr Healthcare Realty
Dan Van Eps is the Chief Brokerage Officer for Carr Healthcare Realty, a national provider of commercial real estate services for healthcare tenants and buyers. Carr Healthcare Realty’s team of experts assists with all types of real estate transactions, including lease renewals, expansions, relocations, startup offices, purchases, and practice transitions.
Topic: Real Estate
- Understanding commercial real estate and knowing when to seize the opportunity to reduce your expenses
- Knowing what is needed to properly negotiate a lease and the positive impact that it has on all aspects of a practice
- Commercial real estate can be complicated and being aware of timelines and avoiding pitfalls are critical to maximizing your results
Attorney — Wood and Delgado
Jason Patrick Wood is a partner in the Law Firm of Wood & Delgado, a law firm focused on business transactions for dentists and doctors: leases, purchase agreements, partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, corporations, associate agreements and other business-related legal needs. He is a moderator for Dentaltown on all forums related to the business side of dentistry and enjoys helping and educating doctors throughout the United States.
Topic: Associates, Partnerships and Acquisitions
- Dissecting the associate position and reviews the differences between employee vs. independent contractor, compensation structures and the impact on the associate's pay, issues to be concerned with in an associate contract, associate buy-in opportunities as well as other relevant issues
- Dental partnerships: how they are created, proper vs. improper models, regulations pertaining to partnerships, compensation formulas that work/don't work, buy-in/out formulas, death/disability issues, management concerns, and other unique partnership isues
- In depth view of starting a dental practice and/or acquiring an existing dental practice
Attorney — Esq. Dental and Medical Counsel PC.
Ali Oromchian is one of the nation’s leading legal authorities on topics relevant to dentists. Since its creation, the Dental and Medical Counsel PC law firm has been regarded as one of the pre-eminent health care law firms devoted exclusively to health care professionals. His clients seek his advice on dental and medical practice transitions, creation of corporations and partnerships, associate contracts, estate planning, employment law matters, office leasing and state board defense.
Topic: Avoiding Legal Minefields in the Dental Practice
- To incorporate or not-to incorporate? A look at business entities.
- Document, document, document: Key tactics to ensure your employee files are current
- Top 10 HR and legal minefields to avoid
- How to legally use social media for recruitment and management of team members
Partner-CPA, CFE, CVA — Whisenant, Stewart, Watrous & Associates
Trent Watrous is a Dental CPA from Nashville, TN and will be the keynote speaker for our event. Based on high ratings from audiences, Trent has become a sought-after speaker. His professional experience as a tax accountant, auditor, expert witness, forensic accountant and trusted advisor have prepared him for the challenges of today’s business climate, He serves dental clients in roles which range from oversight of practice transitions to practice start-ups.
Topic: Income Potential for Practice Ownership
- Focus on dental professionals hold an awareness of critical financial aspects of their business in order to recognize the investment opportunities that exist with their practice
- Straight-talk on profitability, cash-flow and taxation and how each factors into income potential
Western National Sales Manager — Bank of America Practice Solutions
Jason M. Tyson is a Senior Vice President and Western States Sales Division Manager for Bank of America’s Practice Solutions Division. Practice Solutions is a division of Bank of America that specializes in the Dental, Veterinarian, Optometry and the Medical Industry. Jason’s knowledge of the industry, budget planning, and hands on approach with clients has helped finance thousands of startup practices, acquisitions, expansions, remodels and commercial real-estate purchases.
Topic: Landscape of Dental Financing for Young Associates
- Understanding today's dental market
- How to prepare yourself for an approval - The five key ingredients of credit
- How to identify the right lender for purchasing or acquiring your first practice