Using innovative methods that maximize learning and on-the-job application this class will prepare you to apply what is learned in the classroom to the real world. For the hands-on enthusiast, we offer a state-of-the-art laboratory with live pumping systems for plenty of hands on activities. In this class we will learn the basics of pump construction, how to use the pump curve, and proper calculation of Total Dynamic Head for a water well pump. In addition, we will learn the process for selecting a pump type and sizing to meet system demands. The course will cover submersible water well pumps, variable speed pumping, and alternative energy pumps.
At the end of this class you will be able to:
1. Explain the purpose and identify the function of major components of residential water well equipment.
2. Explain basic hydraulics and use of curves as related to water well pumping.
3. Demonstrate the ability to properly perform a TDH calculation for water well application.
4. Select a submersible water well pump.
5. Demonstrate start-up and control functions using laboratory equipment.Note: The third day of this course will actually conclude at 3:00 p.m. CST.
||Pleas click on the link to register and reserve your hotel room at the Grundfos rate of $155.00 per night.
Click here to reserve room