Transformers are used in a wide variety of applications through industrial facilities. The topics covered in this set of modules explain instrumentation transformers, power transformers, and testing requirements.
- Describe the different types of power transformers
- Describe the information found on transformer nameplates Describe the construction of a power transformer
- Describe the basic testing requirements for power transformers Describe the purpose of instrument transformers
- Explain burden and saturation
- Describe the characteristics and functions of different types of current transformers
- Describe coupling capacitor potential transformers